- Louisiana Department of Education (LDOE)
- Charter School Library
- Communication Support Needs
- Dispute Resolution
- Dyslexia: Frequently Asked Questions for Parents
- Early Childhood Resources
- Family Support Toolbox Library
- Gifted and Talented
- Graduation Pathways for Students with Disabilities
- Graduation Requirements
- Guidance for Individual Graduation Plan & Diploma Pathway Selection
- Guide to Dyslexia in Louisiana
- High School Planning Guidebook: A Path to Prosperity for Every Student
- IEP Resources
- Instructional Resources
- Jump Start Graduation Pathways
- Louisiana Charter Schools at a Glance
- Louisianabelieves.com Resources Library
- Louisianabelieves.com Resources Library Academics
- Policies and Bulletins
- Resources for Students with Dyslexia
- Resources for Students with Visual Impairments
- Section 504
- Special Education Guidance for High School Students
- Special Education Related Bulletins & Policy Guidelines
- Students with Cognitive Disabilities
- Students with Cognitive Disabilities – Library
- Students with Disabilities
- Students with Disabilities Library
- Students with Disabilities: Special Education Processes + Procedural Safeguards
- Timelines and Documentation During Extended School Closures For Students with Disabilities
- Tools for Developing Communication Plans: Students with Unique Needs
- Teacher Support Toolbox
Note About The Links to External Websites: Links to any other website are inserted for convenience only and do not constitute endorsement of material on those sites, or any associated organization, product, service or information by Families Helping Families of Southwest Louisiana Inc.
Let us be your “one-stop shop” for all things disability related!
Serving individuals with any type of disability, any age, and their families
All services are free of charge!
5 Ways to Bully-Proof Your Child
Tips on how to keep your kid from becoming a bullying target.
Bullying: Tips for Parents – Mental Health America
Great bullying prevention tips and a fact sheet on bullying.
Tips on what to do if you are being cyber-bullied.
Cyberbullying Research Center
A great website for Parents, Educators, and Teens to get information on cyberbullying.
Kids Against Bullying
A very child-friendly interactive website specifically for children to understand what is bullying, being the target of bullying, being a bully and how you can help.
National Center on Safe Supportive Learning Environments
A website that provides lots of information on a safe school including bullying and cyberbullying issues.
Pacer’s National Bullying Prevention Center
A website with a wealth of information for students, parents, and educators on bullying prevention.
Pacer’s National Bullying Prevention Center – Bullying and Harassment of Students with Disabilities
Resources and Information on Bullying and Harassment of Students with Disabilities.
Parent Guide to Bullying
Bullying is a main source of violence in school. Parents play a vital role in recognizing signs, supporting courage, and helping their child.
A website with information for parents, educators, communities, teens, and kids to stop bullying.
Teens Against Bullying
A great interactive website specifically for teens to understand the impact of bullying.
What Are Public Schools Required to Do When Students with Disabilities are Bullied?
A fact sheet with resources and expectations of how bullying should be handled in public schools when students with disabilities are involved.
What Is Cyberbullying? An Overview for Students, Parents, and Teachers
Information about what cyberbullying is and resources on cyberbullying.
What Parents Can Do About Childhood Bullying
If you’re a parent concerned about bullying, it’s important to recognize the signs that a child is a bully, as well as the signs of one who is being victimized. This website will give you great signs and symptoms of bullying.
Bullying Prevention Programs
Below is a list of Bullying Prevention Programs that can be used in schools and communities.